How Smart Is Your House?
How would you like to be able to use your smartphone like a universal remote for your whole house? You can Turn lights and appliances on and off, check on your kids, let the repair man in without having to leave a key all from work or wherever you might be. All this is already possible.
You can already control what’s going on at home via networked cameras, lights, thermostats and appliances from your smartphone, computer, tablet or FiOS TV.
- Turn electronics on or off — from anywhere.
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile internet, at home and away.
- WeMo works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any iPod touch, iPhone, iPad - iOS 5 or higher and many Android devices.
- Put your electronic devices on a schedule.
- Modular system. You can add additional WeMo Switches easily, any time.
- Control as much or as little of your home as you want to.
- Plugs into any regular 120v wall outlet.
- Intuitive, easy set up. Easy to use.
- Free WeMo app.
NetCam Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision
Watch your home on your smartphone or tablet from anywhere
The Belkin NetCam Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision makes it easy to check in on your kids after school or watch your pet at play--right on your mobile device. The camera connects to your Wi-Fi router without the need of a computer.
Simply download the free NetCam app on your iOS or Android device to keep an eye on your home anytime, anywhere. The camera's wide-angle video captures large spaces, while its clear digital audio keeps you from missing conversations or noises. With night vision for recording in low light, NetCam is ideal for baby monitoring.
It also lets you save video directly to your mobile device, so you can share your favorite memories. NetCam requires a Wi-Fi router with an Internet connection and an Apple device with iOS 4.2+ or an Android device with version 2.2+.
- Wide-angle video Shows you more of the room so you know what’s really going on
- Easy mobile-device setup Set up your camera from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device in minutes. No need for a computer.
- Night Vision Infrared lets you see clearly when there’s little to no light.
- Email alerts Enjoy peace of mind with movement-detection notifications.
- Mobile-device recording Save live video to your smartphone or tablet.
- Digital audio Listen to what’s going on in the room.
Here are a few scenarios that will give you some insight into just a few ways these products can enhance your life. This new service can provide piece of mind in many areas including safety and budget. You can monitor the inside and outside of your home as well as detect when windows or doors are opened. It can help save money as you are better able to oversee your energy usage, turn on/off lights and heat from home, work or even vacation.
Let your kids in the house when they forget their key
Let a contractor in without having to leave a key behind
You are working from your home office and you get a visit from a friend, you can look at the outdoor camera and unlock the door.
Your front door has been opened in the middle of the day, you can consult the outdoor camera and see who entered.
Turn lamps off that your kids left on from work
You get to work and can't remember whether or not you shut the curling iron off.
You go to the gym and realize it's gotten very hot, you can turn on the Air Conditioner prior to getting home
You've been on vacation and you turned the heat down to save energy. You'd like to have the house heated for your return. You can turn it on from your phone at the airport.
Check how much electricity your appliances are using with the Energy Reader and 110v Appliance Switch
You come in the house with your hands full of groceries in the dark, the door sensor from the garage automatically turns on a lamp in the hallway.
You get an alert that a window sensor is triggered, you check the indoor camera to see who opened the window.
You go out for the evening and leave the kids with a sitter, you want to check in and make sure they are doing their homework.
While there are other products available that perform some of these functions remotely, Verizon’s Home Monitoring and Control Services is the first fully integrated and affordable solution. Best of all, this innovative service is built on Verizon’s reliable wireless and fiber networks. Home Monitoring and Control Services are available in three levels:
- The entry-level option consists of home monitoring, including remote door entry and video surveillance.
- The second level enables home energy monitoring with thermostats, wireless (WiFi) light and appliance controllers, and even a circuit-box mounted sensor that monitors whole-home energy usage.
- The third level combines both services in a single package
Click here for video of Cellular Chloe with these products on Better Connecticut.
These products will make your life easier!