Sooo many sports apps, sooo little time!
A View From My Seat
I may not be the biggest sports fan and this app sounds cool even to me! Last year I was buying tickets to Louden, NH's Nascar race for myself and 5 others. The seats were in turn 4. I've always sat close to the start/finish line there in the past so I wasn't sure if these seats would allow me to see the whole front stretch. To me that's a deal breaker. If I can't see the cars pitting, coming off the 4th turn and going into the first, I'd almost rather watch it on TV.
This app is for, MLB, NFL, NBA, Minor League Baseball, College Football and Soccer (Intntl Football), Tennis, Hockey, Racing fans, Roller Derby, Concert seating and more It's called A View From My Seat and it's very cool. Download the app to your phone or visit their website from your PC. The website is nice because you can see the pictures so much larger.
Do you have awesome seats? A good way to show off your view is to post your pictures to A View From My Seat so others can get an idea of seating views.!
Fun, right? Search "My Seat" in the Market.
NFL MobileThis app is all the rage amongst football and fantasy football fans
- Live Audio of All Games (Spanish where available)
- Live Gamecenter with play-by-play breakdowns
- Video Highlights
- Fantasy Tracker
- NFL Schedule
- NFL Rosters
- Team Customization
- NFL RedZone
- NFL Network
- Live Sunday Night Games
- Live Monday Night Games
- Live Thursday Night Games
- All basic features
ESPN Score CenterYou can't go wrong with an app paired up with one of the best names in sports...ESPN
ESPN ScoreCenter delivers live scores from hundreds of leagues around the world. ESPN ScoreCenter brings you scores, news, and standings from hundreds of sports leagues around the world.
Never miss another goal, pitch, basket, try, touchdown or wicket. Whether you follow the NFL or the Premier League, the Ashes or MLB, MMA or Formula One, ScoreCenter offers the most comprehensive global sports coverage available on your Android device.
Patriots InsiderEveryone has their favorite teams. Here in New England we heart the New England Patriots! (I am not speaking of ALL New Englanders so don't send me threatening messages!)
Whatever your favorite team is, you will most likely find a smartphone app for it.
ESPN Fantasy Football 2011With the ESPN Fantasy Football 2011 app, you can manage multiple teams and leagues, follow your match ups in real-time, add/drop/trade players, and make last-second lineup changes from wherever you are. Spend your Sundays constantly connected to all of your leagues and teams and you won't miss the chance to grab that backup RB turned fantasy stud. The ESPN Fantasy Football App provides the added advantage you need to dominate your fantasy league.
- Team Management: Start/bench players, add, drop, and claim players off waivers, propose, accept or reject trades with other managers
- FantasyCast Live Scoring and Stats: Real-time scoring and detailed information for all your match ups.
- Personalized Push Notifications for injuries, substitutions, and scoring updates.
- Fantasy News, Videos and Tweets from ESPN’s fantasy analysts.
- View and post messages to your league’s message board.
This last app is really a sports app but it'll sure help you when you go to a large event, have a few beers, then can't find your car when you leave many hours later. Nascar events are famous for this. Pocono's has parking all over the place and if you jump on a shuttle I almost guarantee you'll never find you car again!
As seen on the Verizon commercial, Techcrunch and Wired magazine! 1st place winner in Verizon's Power Your App Contest!
Save your location when you park and Car locater will help you find your car
10 uses in trial (Regular app is $2.99 in the Verizon Media store)
- Radar/Map/Split-Screen view
- Parking timer
- Beam your current or saved location to another phone/email
- Home screen widget for quick save
- Shake to save
- Double tap on map to save
- Save notes and photos
- Location history
- Location favorites
- Manual coordinate entry
- View current and car coordinates (great for geocaching)
- Driving directions
- Sonar sound
- Customizable background images
- Radar visualizations
- Live wallpaper always points to your car
- Customizable radar visualization
- Automatically save location on bluetooth disconnect or car undock
- Automatically save, sync, and import location with your Evernote account. (not really sure why you'd want to do this- maybe if you are in long-term parking at the airport)
That's it sports fans,