Motherhood is a challenging balancing act. One of the easiest ways to make more time for doing the things that make you smile is by taking advantage of the high-tech time-saver in your purse or pocket, your smartphone. The ten apps listed below are all geared toward making your day more efficient and reclaiming valued hours. Check out how these latest apps can turn your Apple iPhone or Android device into a combination monthly budget, to-do list, fitness planner, photo journal and more.
10. Mint.com Personal Finance (free) Moms are often in charge of paying the bills, which is generally not a fun task. You can minimize the hassle of budgeting by keeping records on a regular basis. Smartphone apps like Mint.com Personal Finance make it easy to input spending on a day-to-day basis. Keeping track of the family's budget in this method stops the end of the month from becoming a stressful accounting chore.
9. SoundHound (free) Mom's with Apple devices will always be able to catch the titles of the radio track thanks to SoundHound. The app is capable of identifying songs in just four seconds by listening to the tune on the radio or simply recording your voice while you hum along to the tune. Using this app will make it easy for you to expand you music library and learn a bit more about the types of artists your kids are bumping on their iPhones.
8. Epicurious (free) Moms tasked with preparing meals for their families on a nightly basis know that getting stuck in a culinary rut is not fun. Thankfully, a nearly infinite cookbook is always at your fingertips in the form of your smartphone. Epicurious available on Apple, Windows and Android devices offers a database of over 30,000 recipes. It can store favorites as go-to options, including recipes from Epicurious and others collected from your favorite cooking sites.
7. BigOven (free) Sometimes your busy schedule prevents you from making as many shopping trips as you'd like though you and your family still need to be fed in the evening. The BigOven app, available on Android, Apple and Windows devices, has a novel "leftovers" feature. Simply input different ingredients in your kitchen that you'd like to clear off the shelves and the app will scour its 250,000 recipe database for dishes that match your ingredients.
6. Coupon Sherpa Mobile (free) A bit of extra research goes a long way when it comes to making smart purchases for the home. Coupon Sherpa Mobile boasts having regularly updated savings opportunities at over 5,000 well-known retailers. This app will save you time spent hunting for deals by collecting coupons for stores you already frequent. This convenient shopping app is a must for moms who want to spend less time running errands and more time at home.
5. smart-ICE4family (paid) Part of being a mom is being ready for any emergency. The smart-ICE4family app provides direct access to a long list of emergency services from one easy-to-use interface. The app delivers the user's location to services automatically and can hold notes about your family's medical details. Having this information handy on your phone can be a lifesaver if a family members is rushed to a hospital and their medical records aren't available.
4. Things (paid) With a smartphone in your hand and the right app, you can review an entire day's worth of chores and goals with a single glance. Things is such an app, and you'll find using it helps you keep to your schedule without letting important appointments slip through the cracks. Errands are conveniently sorted by date to ensure your mobile to-do list never gets too confusing or overwhelming.
3. FitStar Personal Trainer (paid) Exercise can help give moms the extra energy they need to stay motivated and moving throughout the day. Finding the time to visit the gym or track calories, however, can be a serious challenge. FitStar Personal Trainer eliminates obstacles of fitness lifestyles by bringing professional workouts to your smartphone. The app asks questions after every workout to check your fitness level and suggests routines for your next visit to the digital gym.
2. 23snaps (free) Your smartphone makes it easy to act as your family's professional photographer, but sharing those photos conveniently is another story altogether. That's why 23snaps, which streamlines the process of organizing and sorting photos of your kids, is such a great download for moms. You can even create a profile for each child to make browsing through existing photos as simple as possible.
1. Sleep Machine (paid) At the end of the day, nothing helps to make sure you've got energy and enthusiasm for the rest of the week like a good night's rest. Apps like Sleep Machine allow you to create playlists and mixes that help you slip into a slumber more easily. Tracks can be set to smoothly transition from one to the other, allowing you to drift off into sleep without being distracted by jarring changes in music.
We hope all you Moms found these apps helpful and fun. Be sure to visit your nearest Wireless Zone for amazing Mother's Day deals just for you!